Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Birthday...

Since moving into our new house, we are still trying to find things. While looking for Christmas decorations, I came across some counted cross stitch that I did while I was in college. It was wrapped in a wal-mart bag at the bottom of the box. I took it out and looked at it. Right then I decided that I was going to frame it. After all these years, why not enjoy it? So I picked out a vintage looking frame, bought the form board, pins, spacers and glass. Richard and I put it on the form board. It took a while to get it just right. We then cleaned the glass and add the spacers. Then we carefully put the picture into it. It measures 24X36. It is big and it took a long time to do. Every X is going the exact same way. There are no mistakes. I did a really good job on it and now I can enjoy it.....after all these years. This is what I got for my birthday, today. I love it. Thanks to Richard for all his help. I love you!!


2 comments:

laura said...

its cute!! glad you had the mind power to do it, i don't think i could!! Happy Birthday to my big sister!!!

Deanna said...

It's beautiful! I didn't know that you cross stitched too! Happy birthday (haha a bit late!) and WOW - your range of talents amaze me!