Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tragedy....

December 30, 2008 was a beautiful warm winter day. I decided that we needed new family pictures. So we headed to a park and took several
pictures there, but Chiron was sleeping. So we decided to head to another park and maybe in route Chiron would wake up. We took several more pictures, but Chiron slept. We reached a spot where they have very large statues of Texan Long Horn cattle. The boys decided to climb them. We were standing there watching them climb when Daniel fell. He sat on the grass for a second and then said "I broke my arm." Richard said let me look at it. He helped Daniel pull up his sleeve and indeed it was not looking right. We decided to take him to the nearest ER. There they x-rayed it and determined that the break was so bad that he needed to be transported to Children's Medical Center. The ambulance came and picked him up. I got to ride with him. At Children's they took more x-rays and explained that this kind of break would need surgery. They admitted him for the night. Sugery took place about 12:00 the next day. They put three pins in the elbow and a splint on to allow for swelling. He spent that night also in the hospital and came home Jan. 1, 2009. Needless to say, I never got the family picture I wanted. Maybe another day.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is too sad! I can't believe you took pictures of that(jk). Actually, it is pretty cool, I just feel bad for poor Daniel. How is he doing?