Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Food Storage...

Since we moved, I need to replenish my pantry. Last week I went to the church store house and bought bulk items. These items I plan on using now, but I didn't have enough buckets. I went to the Firehouse Sub here in Frisco and bought their pickle buckets because I know that they are food grade buckets. They just smell of pickles. But for $2 a piece, you can't beat that,I say. We brought them home and washed them. Boy, was that fun! Not the warmest of days. If you look close you can see goosebumps on Chiron.







We rinsed them out really good and then filled them with water and added 1 cup of baking soda to each bucket. Vinegar is an acid and baking soda is a base. It will help neutralize the vinegar in the buckets and help the smell to go away.





We set them in the sun for a few days. I washed them out again and let them air dry. I added the food and placed them in my pantry. I am in the process of reorganizing my pantry. I will show pictures when I am done.



Now all I need to do is order the gamma lids!:)

No comments: